There is often a misconception that bicycle don’t belong to roadways. Motor vehicles plying on public road either don’t know or don’t follow these rules, which often results in accidents.
Legally, cyclists have the right of personal injury claim. If you were injured in a bicycle accident, you have every right to seek compensation from those responsible for your accident.
• Speeding of motor vehicles
• Dooring accidents
• Rear end accidents
• Distracted drives
• Poorly maintained roadways
• Collision with debris on the road
While these are some of the reasons the bicycle accidents happens, we as society should be more sensible towards raising awareness to avoid accidents.
• Look carefully for bicyclists before turning left or right, merging into bicycle lanes, and opening doors next to moving traffic
• Compliance with traffic laws protects in two ways
• Wearing a helmet
• Do not ride a bike after drinking
• Respect the right of way of bicyclists because they are entitled to share the road with you
• Avoid riding at night as it can help reduce risk of being involved in an accident
If you run off the road or hit by negligent driver, then you should fight for compensation. A bicycle accident attorney can help you setting the insurance claim. If the injuries are serious, your Los Angeles personal injury attorney will seek damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses you have endured due to the fatality.
Reach out to The Shahbaz Firm personal injury attorney. Get the resources to help you gain the upper hand during negotiations and trial, as well as a thorough understanding of Los Angeles bicycle accident laws.