Motorcycling is a risky form of transportation, especially when combined with factors such as lack of helmet use, speeding, and alcohol use, not only to the rider but also the pedestrian.
The effects of a crash involving a motorcycle can often be devastating. While 20 percent of passenger vehicle crashes result in injury, an astounding 70 percent of motorcycle crashes result in major injury or death.
- Most of the injuries sustained by motorcyclists in a collision are to the upper leg, lower leg, knee and ankle
- About 15 % of motorcycle collisions result in a groin injury to the biker
- Traumatic brain injury and paralysis are the most serious injuries suffered by motorcyclists following a collision when the head strikes unyielding pavement or another fixed object,
- Head trauma and brain injury can result, and bone breaks and fractures, internal organ injuries, limb amputation, severe road rash, neck and back injuries and disfigurement.
If you are unfortunate enough to have been involved in such an incident, contact our personal injury attorney today.
While everyone knows the risks of getting injured by motorcycle accidents, it is advisable to wear protective gears and educated self about safe driving. Here are common causes of motorcycle accidents
- Speeding or head on collision
- Driving under the influence
- Lane splitting
- Sudden stops
- Left turn accidents
- Dangerous road conditions
- Motorcycle defects
Whatever may be the reason, if you have suffered injuries from motorcycle accidents, you have two years in California from the date of accident to file suit against liable party. If you fail to file in time, you will be barred from pursuing compensation for your losses.
Hence, it is highly advised that you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible, before your claim is put in jeopardy. An experienced personal injury attorney in LA will help you build your case and will give you an accurate estimate of what you’re likely to get from a settlement or lawsuit.
Want more answers? Contact our personal injury attorney today.